mardi 27 février 2018

Collection Lawsuits: No Proper Service, Default Judgement Entered, Garnishment Started

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Mississippi

Apparently, I was sued in the county where the debt occurred and I was served at the old address I lived about 5 years ago. Also, I had contact with this company just six months ago requesting that validation of my debt. The company pulled my credit report, which may suggest my current address was known. Obviously, I was not properly served.

In November 2017, a default judgement was entered and in January 2018, a writ of garnishment was issued and eventually sent to my employer.

At this point, given I found out about the lawsuit only 2 days ago, what are my options? The local justice court clerks laughed when I asked about a motion to vacate the judgement and to stop the garnishment.

Any help will be useful. Thanks.


Collection Lawsuits: No Proper Service, Default Judgement Entered, Garnishment Started

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire