dimanche 25 février 2018

Expungement and Sealing: Can I Obtain a Firearm After Expungement (No Felonies)

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Tennessee.

I went to obtain a firearm last year when I was 27 years old. During the background check I failed for reasons that weren't disclosed to me or the vendor. I made an appeal which was denied yet again. My charges I had obtained we're from a month after my 18th birthday. Where I was intoxicated smoking weed and in my front yard. When the cops approached I apparently ( I have no actual memory of the party or events) yelled at them telling them to leave and ended up resisting arrest. So consequently my charges were public intoxication, disorderly conduct, paraphernalia, underage drinking, resisting arrest, and to top it all off assault because the cop stated in the reasoning that he feared for his life because I threatened him. That is my record. One night one big mistake. I completed the probation which dropped the assault charge and the resisting arrest and we'll everything pretty much. They we're judged as no conviction. All of these charges are misdemeanors as well. I found out after digging around I owed alot of money for court fines. So I paid those off last year. And now I'm speaking with a lawyer who says he will get the record expunged. But for a hefty price. Will having these things expunged even matter when having a firearm background check? Or will they just go and unseal all these and judge me still unable to possess a firearm? Thanks for your help.


Expungement and Sealing: Can I Obtain a Firearm After Expungement (No Felonies)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire