vendredi 23 février 2018

Rental Agreements: Signed a Lease and Immediately Found Damage

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Mississippi

Hello,

Within the past week I had recently signed a lease to rent out a mobile home.
During the walkthrough of the home the previous tenant's belongings were all still there, and the place looked decent.
It was old, and had normal wear and tear, but looked decent enough to move into.
We signed the lease, and put down first month's rent of $675 but not the deposit, as I told her I would have that Friday.
Yesterday we went to move some of our belongings in, and our start date to rent is tomorrow.
Walking through I noticed a lot wrong that was concealed by furniture before.
Where the washer and dryer were, the floor is weak and there seems to be a lot of water damage.
The same is for under the sinks. We went to test the water, and the water came out at such a force I thought it was going to burst the faucet.
The water also came out with dirt, and rust, and then was brown. It cleared up after a while, but did it again any time we turned the water on.

What I want to know is if there's any way I can back out of this. I don't want to rent a place in such an unstable condition and I would really like to get my $675 back.
I'm just afraid as I've already signed the lease and handed her the money.



Rental Agreements: Signed a Lease and Immediately Found Damage

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire