dimanche 25 février 2018

3rd Degree Retail Fraud

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Michigan

Back in September 2017 I was caught trying to walk out of the store with goods that I did not pay for. I had every intention of paying for the goods I went into the bathroom before I went to checkout. Without thinking about it, I just started walking out the door without going to the checkout lanes and was caught by asset protection. I told them it was a big misunderstanding, that I meant to pay for the items. They did not believe me, rang up all the items that I had in my cart, wanted me to sign a statement saying I was trying to steal the items, which I did not sign. They called the police and the police officer came, talked to me for a minute. I volunateerally went with him for questioning. He did not arrest me or give me a citation. He said if the investagation goes farther detectives will contact me for more information. Now 5 months down the road, the same police officer came to my house with an arrest warrant for 3rd degree retail fraud. I was not given any notice about being charged. I did not recieve any notice after that day in September. Are they able to charge me and send out an arrest warrant without notice? I have no prior convictions, don't even have a speeding ticket. What is my best defence in this matter?


3rd Degree Retail Fraud

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire