jeudi 22 février 2018

Contractors and Subcontractors: Delivery Truck Cracked My Driveway with Incorrect Brace Placement

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Maryland.

I am having my roof re-shingled and the delivery truck that dropped off the materials two days ago usedf side braces for support when lifting the materials onto the roof. The problem is they put the braces down half on my driveway and half off. This crushed and cracked the concrete at the edge of my driveway. The cracks are about 18 inches long. They also spilled oil in several spots on my driveway. They've offered to repair the damage after I get three quotes and send them to their office. Everything was going pretty well until I got my first quote. The concrete company said they would definitely not patch it since it won't hold up over time and it won't look good. He wrote me a quote to completely replace 2 12 foot by 10 foot slabs. The quote is $6700 and the delivery company won't pay that much. They'll pay to have it repaired, not completely replaced. Since the damage was due to incorrect placement of the bracers, are they liable for the damage and do they have to completely replace it if that's what the concrete companies are suggesting?



Contractors and Subcontractors: Delivery Truck Cracked My Driveway with Incorrect Brace Placement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire