dimanche 25 février 2018

Repossession: I Paid Cash for My Car but It Got Repossessed

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

I purchased a car private party. Before the purchase I ran a car fax and it showed the car was initially purchsed to the seller and there were no liens added. The seller had the title in hand and there were no lien holders attached.

I paid him cash for the car. I went to the DMV, did the transfer. I received my pink slip. The pink slip only has my name and no lien holders.

A week later, I woke up to find my car missing. I called the police and they told me my car was reposessed. They gave me the tow truck company info.

I went to the tow truck company and told them there was a mistake. I showed them my pink slip. They said they cannot give me the car back and I had to call the finance company. I told them I paid the car off cash. I am not financing it.

They gave me the finance company's info.

I called the finance company and they said they cannot help me because my name is not on the loan and the owner of the loan needs to contact them.

I gave them the same info I have the tow company. They said they cannot do anything. I asked for a manager. They said they would get my information and have the manager call me back.

I called back 2 more times and still no answer from the finance company and I never received a call back.

This cannot be legal. What can I do?


Repossession: I Paid Cash for My Car but It Got Repossessed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire