mardi 28 mars 2017

Responsible for Unauthorized Repairs

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: New York

Hi, I took my c-pap machine in since it was not working. Tech in office couldn't figure out what was wrong and said they had to send to manufacturer to look at. They said they would let me know what they found and a cost to repair. A few weeks later I got a call that my machine was done and ready for pickup. When i got there I asked why I wasn't contacted with a estimate instead of them just fixing it. They didn't have an answer but said my total bill for repair was $50 which I paid to get my $2000 machine back. A month or 2 later I got a bill from office I took machine to for $202 since they said insurance wouldn't pay the $202. Had i know I had to pay $252 instead of $50 I wouldn't have picked machine up, would have disputed it before I did. Now they sent me to collections. Am I responsible for the $202 since I was told I would get an estimate before repairs and never authorized them to fix?

thanks


Responsible for Unauthorized Repairs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire