mardi 28 mars 2017

Lost Disability Due to Over Payment, Just Received a Disability Check for $8k

As the title states almost exactly one year ago I lost my disability (SSDI) benefits after working full time. I wasn't aware I needed to send in paystubs. My diagnosis is Schizo-Affective Disorder

I had a case worker assigned to my case and he told me SS should have stopped my benefits in fall 2014 but they failed to send me the proper respective paperwork.

Last fall I received a letter where I was ruled no longer disabled, and I was notified I would get about 3 months worth of payments and that my medicare would be discontinued as of 11/30/16. I sat down and crunched the numbers and figured I owed back about $15k. This was the last time I had heard from Social Security.

Since then I have had a few jobs that I left following a temper blowout. The most recent job caused me a great deal of stress after I discovered my boss stealing my tips. (I deliver pizza)

Last Tuesday after he said something to me, I was using a large kitchen knife to cut a 12" sub in half. As soon as I touched it everything went black and it was like I was watching a movie in 1st person view. I watched as I stabbed my manager. I snapped myself out of it, dropped the knife and took a few steps back.

A couple nights later the same thing happened, except this time I was on top of my manager pummeling him. Once again it scared me. I finished my night out without any more issues.

The next day I told my social worker and family what had happened and they agreed with me that it was time to go to the psychiatric hospital. I called my doctor and went in to speak to the crisis counselor. After a lengthy discussion she gave me the option of taking a break from work or going into the hospital. I told her I couldn't call out due to being the new guy and having already called out once that week due to a dead battery. I also informed her if I went in to speak with them, I would either be fired for my outburst the prior night, or they would expect me to work. I told her I felt in my state of mind at the time that neither option would go over well with me , and that I felt hospitalization would be the best option. She explained that due to me not having insurance that I would need to be involuntary committed to be accepted into a treatment program. I told her that's fine.

I fully co-operated when police arrived. The officer allowed me to be cuffed in the front instead of the rear and transported me to the hospital. I checked myself in on 3/24 and was released on 3/27.

I remember hearing from a old doc that in the event I lost disability, my benefits would be reinstated if I was hospitalized.

Just about an hour ago I logged into my online bank account to pay a credit card bill and noticed I had $8.2K in my account. I had deposited a check this morning along with the last of my tips and only had $410 to my name. It appears the Social Security Administration via the Treasury deposited $7,793 into my bank account sometime earlier this evening.

Any idea what the reason for this deposit may be?


Lost Disability Due to Over Payment, Just Received a Disability Check for $8k

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire