jeudi 30 mars 2017

Disqualification: If Employer Offers Part Time After Layoff, Can I Reject and Still Qualify for Unemp

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Illinois

Hi all. I work in Illinois for a state college. Like many others have in the state, we are facing staff layoffs at the end of the term. They know who will be cut but not telling us yet. My question is, if I am offered a part-time job and I refuse it, does that disqualify me from claiming unemployment? I am currently full time (2 years) and was part time briefly before that to get my foot in the door. But it's not a practical work thing for me, with the long commute and bills to pay to work part time. So if they offer me say 15 hours a week and I"m turn them down, does that disqualify me to be eligible to claim unemployment? Can I even claim unemployment as a state employee? There's nothing withheld from my check for unemployment insurance. What if they say those cut were cut for being bad employees? I'm very nervous because state lawmakers have run the whole state into the ground and there is no work in higher education here.

Thanks for your input and suggestions.


Disqualification: If Employer Offers Part Time After Layoff, Can I Reject and Still Qualify for Unemp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire