lundi 27 mars 2017

Determination of Fault: Being Cutoff Caused 4 Car Accident

Hello,

I am looking for some help on how to continue with an indecent over determining who is at fault and if I should peruse legal action.

I was traveling in the 1st Lane of traffic preparing to exit the Highway going around 55-60mph in moderate moving traffic I was following 2 1/2 to 3 car lengths behind a vehicle on the freeway.

A vehicle traveling on the merge lane was attempting to merge on to the highway before the lane ends in the process of doing this the vehicle was speeding to get in front of me and immediately turned in front of me after having to apply the brakes to be able to avoid hitting the car I was following. (I had no vision of the vehicle until he passed me on my right side.)

In the process of the vehicle turning in front of me (only giving me about 1/2 a car length of space now between my front bumper and his rear) he began to hard brake still not fully in the lane of travel causing me to immediately brake as well my brakes ended up locking followed by me rear ending his vehicle My nor his airbags deployed nor did I see any reason for him to just stop on the freeway the way he did there was no slowing traffic in front of us.

With in seconds another vehicle hit me from behind and with in a few more seconds the same vehicle struck me again from being rear ended by the 4th vehicle.

All 4 vehicles are now stopped in the 1st lane of traffic on the highway I immediately signal every one to pull to the side of the freeway where there is plenty of room to safely exit the vehicles.

The person I struck immediately apologized and said he had no where to go and there was nothing he could do. (In my honest opinion he under stands he cut me off and caused the accident I dont even think he saw me since i drive a Fiat 500)
The person who struck me from the rear said the same nothing i could do to avoid the accident.

After a few minutes of calming down every one verified no Injuries where present and we started to sort out what happened, The 2 people behind me immediately stated that the lead car cut me off. The lead car driver stated again he was sorry and had no where to go, I reaffirmed this by saying he left me no room to react (the driver had a thick accent from Asia so it was hard to under stand what he was saying other than he was sorry)

We sat on the side of the road for about an Hour with out any NHP officers showing up to the scene (Our local police department NO longer responds to vehicle accidents provided there is no injury) so we then traded information took pictures and left the scene to file police reports the day after.

Day after My car is completely smashed on the front right radiator leaking the rear damage is very minor less than $600.00 family mechanic said car will most likely be a total provided there is no more serious mechanical damage, both vehicles who hit me from behind have their vehicles marked as totals as well. Driver in front fails to contact me to discuss damages and options immediately opens an insurance claim and says I simply rear ended him he never mentions there are 2 other cars involved causing his insurance agent to now open a claim to gather more info... After a few days and me giving a statements the insurance company is saying that its still my fault even though they never contacted the 2 other driver to get their statements about the accident he also informs me that the first driver redacted his statement and gave a newer one???? after expressing my displeasure over the lack of actual investigating he said he would escalate the issue and have a "supervisor" review the information (I don't see how that's possible or even fair but i guess that's what insurance does)

My insurance company was made aware and they talked to the 2 other drivers that ended up hitting me and said that they will NOT pay the lead drivers damages since they see him at fault for cutting me off.

We are now stuck at a cross roads have yet to hear back from the lead cars Insurance company my cars wrecked the 2 other drivers are in the same boat. Should i peruse legal actions against the first driver? or just walk away from the accident as a whole?

Thank you for your feed back sorry for my poor grammar and spelling.


Determination of Fault: Being Cutoff Caused 4 Car Accident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire