lundi 27 mars 2017

Non-Compete Agreements: Damages for a Non-Compete Contract Violation

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: North Carolina

i used to work for a salon and I had a non compete where I am not allowed to work within 3 miles radius
I quit my job and started my own business 2.95 miles away
I received a letter from previous employer threatening to sue they want money for damages and lawyer fees if I don't pay them 25k and move
I immediately responded that I will move immediately
I have never solicited any of their clients but some of them found me on social media or had my number and contacted me asking for an appointment having heard that I moved

Now that I have moved outside the 3 miles radius I don't understand why they still want to sue me

My lawyer says I should settle but I don't have that amount of money and I complied and moved out side of restricted area

What am I doing wrong ?


Non-Compete Agreements: Damages for a Non-Compete Contract Violation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire