vendredi 31 mars 2017

Premises Liability: Law Firm Trying to Take Advantage of My Mother After Settlement

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: New York.

Hope to get some help here and appreciate any feedback.
It seems like my mother's attorney is trying to take advantage of her.

My mother recently got awarded a sum of money after a 5 year case where she fell near a major store that her attorney litigated against. Her attorney took his 33% but then charged another $4,000 for "administrative fees". Fees that she said he never mentioned before. This includes some sort of investigator fee of $1,500, hospital records, $350 for preparing to request hospital records, etc. I know that law offices have expenses that are usually put in a retainer, but in this situation he never told her about these fees and simply subtracted this amount off of her settlement award. Is this normal? What would you do in this situation? What are our legal rights.

Thank you.


Premises Liability: Law Firm Trying to Take Advantage of My Mother After Settlement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire