mardi 28 mars 2017

Other Violations: Move Over Law Ticket, What Are My Options

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: South Carolina

On my way home on I26 (left lane) at exit 76 going toward Columbia, SC at about 9pm, I see a cop car with lights on in the middle median area of the interstate. As I approach the car I slowed down and notice the officer is helping a disabled vehicle with his back to oncoming traffic. It turns out it was a state trooper..... Officer Gabrielle ended up pulling me over for "Failure to move over" the Move Over Law. As soon as I rolled down my window the he started yelling at me, I never got a chance to speak, and it was very intimating. He comes back with a $1,062 ticket, says "I hope this high fine teaches you a lesson" turns around and walks away. I was not disrespectful to the officer in anyway. I don't understand how he thought I deserved this fine amount.

Anyways I looked up the law and it states a fine amount of at least $300 and no more than $500. How can he give me over double the max fine?

Also do you think I have a case of pleading not guilty because I slowed down before passing the officers vehicle? I have mud tires and that with my loud exhaust even though I slowed down it probably sounded like I came roaring by and it pissed the cop off. But I did slow down.


Other Violations: Move Over Law Ticket, What Are My Options

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire