lundi 27 mars 2017

Laser Speeding Ticket Doesn't Necessarily Add Up

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Ohio.

Hi everyone and thanks for your help in advance :) this will be a tricky situation for me to figure out and a long thread, ended up going from Buffalo New York to Ohio and did have a dash clip on my phone with a dash cam app. So here is how it goes, was driving with the cruise set at 70-72mph (in a 70MPH Zone), and I do have a Radar/Laser detector, and it's truly not to speed but to warn me to keep an eye on my speed, anyway it picked up multiple confirmed laser hits and ka-band signals from patrol cars sitting on the edge of the road before this so it obviously works. Was driving along and went past this patrol officer sitting in the middle aimed towards the other side of the road, and I always notice stuff like that and when I went by him he didn't move one bit so I did not think anything to any sorts, anyway about 2 or 3 minutes after I go by him I noticed a car right behind me extremely close for around 3 to 5 minutes being in the "fast lane" to keep the slow lane open for the semis being there speed limit is slower in Ohio I sped up a tad bit thinking he would back off, as being late at night I did not know if that driver behind me was intoxicated or what was happening so I just wanted to not get rear ended, that didn't work so I moved over to the slower lane and then slowed down and he stayed beside me in the fast lane for around a minute then got behind me, and flipped on his lights, I did not even know it was him at first tell he did that, it was to the point of being so close if I were to hit the brakes no matter what kind of car he has I would have have got rear-ended, I understand being close for a minute to grab the license plate number but not five which he emits two later in a phone call to the highway patrol main office(will get you that story later) Anyway said he clocked me with laser going 83MPH and got a ticket, even though I know laser has to be aimed at a Pacific car and is not a wideband like radar, however there's two factors to this that make me wonder if this was a last-minute ticket before his end of the shift that shouldn't have been, #1 the laser detector never went off which is very sensitive and even detected from the rear of the car on other times I got hit with lasers and I know it works with their laser equipment as other patrol cars have set it off in the same area, #2 he was sitting sideways in the wrong direction for him too look through the laser gun he would have to turn his head almost 360 degrees and that would also mean that the crossmember for the window would be in the way, anyways called the highway patrol main office in Ohio later and he picked up! (around 30 minutes after the Run In) I told him I had a few questions with the ticket and was polite and he was a nice officer for the most part, however he did admit he followed me up to five minutes before pulling me over which in my book would be trying to make me go faster by following so closely especially since he supposedly already got the laser evidence why not pull me over right away? He said he was running my info but yet he did not know it was a rental vehicle when he approached the car which if it took him that long to run the info he shoulda known I have rented this by the plate or it was stolen ect. Anyways he asked for the registration and insurance and I told him its a Rentel and he said okay then nevermind, so that makes me think he did not know that ahead of time which would not make sense if he was looking up all this info beforehand, and why follow me for 5 minutes so close? Anyways he said he turned and hung out his window to get the speed reading three times and that was the highest, I have a video of going by him that I will include the link in the bottom and if somebody would want to edit that video to make it brighter to see if that is really true or not that would be great because that would answer all the questions pretty much, I really don't think I was going that fast but if I was it was after I was being tailgated and afraid of being hit, in my honest opinion being 3 hits did not set the laser detector off and he didn't come after me right away I think he was just following me closely to get me to go faster and then just mark it as the laser being he probably has that equipment in his car, the whole case scenario just seems odd that he would take so long to even come after me, in my honest opinion I think it was a quota type thing and somewhat a mixed ticket. I don't like to keep coming back to the laser detector but my gut tells me he did not hit my car with laser like he said he did because of those supposed three times he did it would have went off one because every other time it has with other patrol cars and now I am debating if I should get a lawyer and show them the video, being in my opinion it just looks like he decided to follow me get me to go a little bit faster then pulled me over which is very wrong and dangerous and faults ticket, like I said he was a nice officer so I have nothing against him of that I just don't think the whole stories there and I don't think I deserve this ticket when during the day in Ohio it is very bad and people are going 80mph-90mph and they don't seem to touch them which I do not blame them because they're probably get hit by somebody but they should not be making up their quota at night with stuff that's not a hundred percent accurate or even true. The angle that he is sitting on is got me the main question as well if he could even hit my car with a laser gun, it just doesn't add up in before he even took my license he said speeding citation and sat in his car for a little bit running my license which it's clean I also think it could have been him seeing I live in a different state witch he would think I would not come to court and fight it he also ridden the price of what the ticket would be on the back without me asking well that its helpful but somewhat making a false assumption that I'm just going to pay it online like he was prompting me to do, also I feel like he should have just gave me to one of his supervisors when I called as it was an issue with him you speak to somebody higher up and I know he was not the supervisor that was somewhat bothersome that he did not want to push it over to the supervisor it did not seem although I didn't ask that just seems like logic. The main thing is the video to see if he is actually holding up a laser gun or not if not then I don't see this going any farther and it could definitely be a good case for dismissal, I live around 6 hours away from here and don't really plan on going to court but will have to if need be also I have a clean license with no prior offenses. Please ignore the music in the video as I was not able to edit out the audio but It was just on to keep me awake being it was late at night. What are your guys's thoughts about if it looks like he could actually shoot my car with laser from there and why he didn't come even after me remotely soon which I assume he would have to go fast himself to catch up to me because he waited so long to make a move? Just makes no sense and seems like it's a last desperate attempt for a ticket especially since being he was back at the headquarters his shift was probably ending very soon and wanted to get one more in. Video link https://youtu.be/bHw4yhpMYp8


Laser Speeding Ticket Doesn't Necessarily Add Up

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire