vendredi 31 mars 2017

Former Employer Has Banned Me from Property, Will Not Return My Personal Truck,

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Tennessee

Was not sure the exact sub-forum to post this is so if I am wrong please move and thank you in advance this situation is driving me crazy.

I was terminated from a position in a skilled trade for stealing materials (Wire). I admitted to it, returned everything and made my peace with the employer and God.
I know it was wrong and have paid dearly for it and I don't want this to turn into an ethical debate. I feel horrible as I should.

Long story short I was terminated at a jobsite and was dropped off at my house by a fellow employee and friend at the end of the day and my employer and I parted ways on agreeable terms or so I thought. The next day I received a text stating that I was banned from the property (Shop) and if I were to return I would be prosecuted for trespassing. I understand that, it is their right; the problem is that my personal truck is parked at the shop still and I need to go get it. I parked it there 5 weeks ago to work on it because the shop has an automotive lift. My boss and has been helping me with it on and off as a project, him being a former GM mechanic. I have sent NUMEROUS texts to the boss, the office manager, the receptionist, and the field manager asking when a good time would be to arrange for my truck to be picked up. NO RESPONSE even though I can see the messages have been read. I called and the answer I got was " What truck? I know nothing of a truck of yours here. " Obvious lie, his hands have been all over my truck!!! I have been so polite in all of my messages and I have screen shots of every conversation I have had regarding this issue. Now over a month later after calls, texts, emails, a letters to every avenue of the company from myself, my wife, my father, and others and we get no response. I have not threatened criminal action because I do not want to risk "Extortion".

It is MY truck, has NOTHING to do with the company, and I am not being allowed to get it. Hearsay from other employees is that they are trying to keep my truck and have moved it to a different spot out of sight on the property than where I had left it. That is only hearsay so I am not accusing them of that but it sure as hell feels like that. I have the title but they are the type to shoot and ask questions later if it is on their property, I mean we all carried firearms at work daily.

What can I do??

Sorry so long I started to get aggravated while typing. Thank you for any advice.


Former Employer Has Banned Me from Property, Will Not Return My Personal Truck,

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire