jeudi 30 mars 2017

Determination of Fault: Switching Lanes (Who's at Fault)

My questions involves a traffic accident that occurred in California. I was waiting at a red light intersection. I was in control of my lane and slowly approaching my lane that of which, was leading directly to the entrance of a major freeway. As I was slowly approaching the car in front of me, I was encroached by another vehicle on my right lane. The vehicle crossed over my lane half way and stayed in that position waiting for me to realize that they were attempting to enter my lane. The driver was encroaching both lanes at the time of the accident. This in turn did not allow traffic to proceed both on my lane and their lane for a period of time before and after the accident took place. The right side of my bumper as well as my passengers right fender was damaged by the drivers left tire and left fender. The driver had their hand out signaling me to stop when we collided, however, I never acknowledged the drivers signal nor did I give the ok as I was approaching what I thought to be the vehicle directly in front of me. I am not sure how long the driver had their hand out. I honestly don't recall if they had their turning signal on as well simply because I was not paying attention to their own admission to enter the lane. The driver remained half way between both lanes thus had no control over either lane before and when the accident occurred. Ultimately, they did not yield to the driver who had control of their lane, who in this case, was me. I am wondering who is at fault in this situation.


Determination of Fault: Switching Lanes (Who's at Fault)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire