jeudi 25 février 2016

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Ticketed for Driving Through a Steady Circular Red Signal

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

I'm sorry I'm reposting this. The prior thread got way off topic and turned into an argument between other members. I'd like to get back to my original question.

I was ticketed for violation of SMC 11.50.140 at the intersection of Lake City Way and NE 75th Ave. I have recently finally received the police report, and it wasn't until I got that that I noticed that the date given of the infraction was wrong on the original notice that I received in the mail. The original notice listed the incident as being "on or about" 1/24/2013, though it actually occurred on 1/23/16. However, the police report has the correct date of 1/23/16. Is there any legal rule or code that references inaccuracy of the details as grounds for dismissal? Also, the original infraction notice did not indicate there was an accident, but there was an accident. The police report does describe the accident, but I am not being cited for the accident.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe my point in contesting this ticket will be to establish cause for the accident. I was not cited for that, so from my point of view, I am only contesting whether or not I failed to stop for the red light, which the officer did not witness, and I personally have doubts actually occurred. More to the point, I believe the signal was not visible to a "normally observant driver" at that place and time and condition. Without going into detail about that, however, I'm hoping someone might have a reference for the above question regarding the mistakes on the infraction notice. If I can have the ticket thrown out instead of dealing with RCW 46.61.050, that would be ideal.

Thank you for any help you can provide. I truly appreciate any answers that can stay on point.

Cheers!


Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Ticketed for Driving Through a Steady Circular Red Signal

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire