jeudi 25 février 2016

Resignation: Can Employer Ask for "Overpayment" Back

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Illinois
I retired Dec 30, 2014 from United Airlines. In September of 2015 I received a letter from UA stating I had been 'over paid" and wanted the money repaid immediately. I wrote back asking for details and proof. I received an answer by email today February 25, 2016 indicating I was over paid in June of 2012. There was no specific request for immediate payment in this email but I can only assume they still want it repaid as it was in response to my original question of the "over payment" . I have understood from others who received similar letters that United Airlines threatens to rescind all travel benefits provided for in the resignation agreement if not paid. Is it legal to A) ask for repayment some 3 plus years after the fact and B) can they rescind agreed upon benefits without such payment? The amount they claim I was over paid is less than $500. Please advise. Thank you in advance.


Resignation: Can Employer Ask for "Overpayment" Back

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire