jeudi 25 février 2016

Sale and Deficiency: Unknowingly Bought a Car with a Second Lien

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Texas. I bought a car from a private seller. Ran a car fax. He disclosed car had a lien on it and gave me loan information. I got a loan through my bank and they paid of his loan with a check to his bank and his signature for the OK to do so with the car being collateral and they gave him a check for remaining amount. I received a letter from my bank stating they hadn't received the title (I hadn't tried to register the car yet).I tried contacting him many different ways with no luck. Called my bank back to let them know I couldn't get ahold of him. They called his bank to find out where title had been sent and found out there is still a substantial loan against the car. I was told to contact police and get a lawyer. I did both. Police said there's nothing they could really do. Lawyer said for a 5k retainer we could sue in civil and possibly criminal court but if we won and he has no money to pay I basically get a piece of paper that says I won. I tried giving car back to my bank but they won't take it since title isn't clear. His bank won't discuss anything with me since I'm not the loan holder. I'm at a loss as to what to do next!


Sale and Deficiency: Unknowingly Bought a Car with a Second Lien

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire