lundi 29 février 2016

Heirs and Beneficiaries: Do I Have to Be in the America to Claim My Inheritance

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Wisconsin

I am a 20 year old living in China, my grandfather died a few months ago and i found out i would receive an inheritance from him when i turned 21. Do i need to pick my inheritance up in America? or can i present my passport and social security card or something at my local bank and have them transfer it over? I am just living in China for awhile I am an American born in Washington.

I know this is a United States forum and i don't expect an answer that relates directly to China, but I've done a lot of research and still am confused how inheritances are picked up, how you prove that you are who you are and if it can be done internationally.

What if i was in California and my grandpa died in Maine? I wouldn't have to go all the way to Maine right? I just need to prove who I am by bringing ID to somewhere and showing I am who I say I am, can't that work somewhere else too?


Heirs and Beneficiaries: Do I Have to Be in the America to Claim My Inheritance

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire