dimanche 28 février 2016

Ownership Rights: Am I the Legal Owner or Are They

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Utah

My ex got a title loan on his car, he then went to prison for a time and could not make the payment on the loan. I liked the vehicle and so I went to the title company, paid what was owed, and it became legally mine. It is registered and insured in my name and the title is coming in the mail.

The other day, I had a police officer come to my home and tell me that I needed to return the car and the property to my ex because he was the rightful owner. I showed the officer the paperwork proving I was the rightful owner. He then said that I needed to return the property that was in the vehicle to my Ex, or he would press charges for theft.

Now, Am I not the legal owner of the vehicle and all of the items inside, since I bought the car free and clear or does he have legal right to the items that were left inside the car?[/FONT]


Ownership Rights: Am I the Legal Owner or Are They

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire