vendredi 26 février 2016

Domestic Violence: Friend Charged with Dv After Slapping Me in Public

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

I am a man and my friend is a woman. We were having an argument at a public place and she slapped me in the face. A bystander saw it called the police and she was arrested for domestic violence. She was bailed out the next morning and has a court date about a week after the indecent. Apparently when being questioned I told the police she was my girlfriend and we were just messing around. Now I know this was the wrong thing to have said since the charge instead of battery is Domestic Violence.

Is there a way to get this charge dropped from DV to battery? If so how does this happen?

Would it be better to take her chances with a plea deal for the DV charge rather than try to have it lessened to Battery?

What are her chances of spending jail time for this charge?

She is planning to contact the DA on Monday when it is open and see if she can get some more information regarding the case. Is it too soon to have them review the case since it was just a couple days ago?


Domestic Violence: Friend Charged with Dv After Slapping Me in Public

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire