lundi 29 février 2016

Speeding Tickets: Just Got My First Speeding Ticket, Not Sure What to Do

Hi, all

First time posting here. Really desperate for some help.

I just got my first speeding ticket ever after driving for 7 or 8 years. The only other ticket I've ever got was a cellphone ticket a couple years ago.

Here's the story:

I was driving on the California 395 highway in Mono County when the officer stopped me. It was 11 something PM inside the deep mountains with no lights and he was just waiting on the shoulder around a corner with his headlights turned off.

He clocked me at 80 mph with a radar in a 65 zone. He did ask me if I knew how fast I was going, I casually told him "I wasn't sure, I was probably driving at 67 or 68." It didn't really feel like I was driving at 80 because the corner was actually quite sharp but I wasn't feeling it. When He turned on his siren I was even thinking he was probably after someone else because I didn't feel I was speeding. When I realized he was chasing me I looked at my speedometer I was below the speed limit of 65.

Right before he stopped me, I was driving downhills and there were incoming traffics with really blinding headlights (maybe high beams?). I wasn't really paying attention to my speedometer because I was trying really hard to see the road and there was the corner where he was clocking me, which I was trying to turn safety. I told him about this and he didn't buy it and still gave me the ticket.

Now I'm back home and am trying to see what my options are:

1. I'm thinking of writing a letter to that officer to beg him to drop my ticket. I think I need to send it to the Mono County Highway Patrol, but not sure he will actually get it.

2. I can try to go to the court but Mono County is like 4 hours drive away from home (no airport there either), I don't think this will work.

3. I can try to request a trial by mail and explain to the judge my situation and ask if he can either excuse my ticket or reduce the penalty.

4. I can try to plea no guilty, but even I am not sure if I was speeding or not.

5. the last option I know is of course to just pay the fine and request for traffic school.

And since this is the first time I get a speeding ticket, I'm not quite sure what to do right now. Should I wait for some kind of notification, cause the ticket doesn't say how much my fine is.

Really appreciate any help!


Speeding Tickets: Just Got My First Speeding Ticket, Not Sure What to Do

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire