lundi 29 février 2016

Other Offenses: Contesting PPO Extension Hearing

My question involves criminal law for the state of: MI

Today I received a "Motion to modify, extend, or terminate a personal protection order" in the mail from Safe House in Ann Arbor. My present PPO from xxx expires in April of this year, and I have a set hearing to extend this PPO for March 7th.

I have had no contact with xxx other than the alleged Facebook communications, which were proven false in court, for the duration of my present PPO order. I did not receive the supporting documentation from xxx explaining the requisition to extend the present PPO. I have no desire to contact xxx in any way whatsoever for the remainder of my life, as it is apparent from my past legal troubles what this had lead to.

I can honestly state that I knew this petition was coming after the last probation violation attempt was made in November, but I am at a loss for the most appropriate approach I should take to the motion. My hope was to remain free from legal sanctions after my probation ends in approximately 1 year, but this PPO would extend those sanctions likely for at least another 2 years and so on and so forth...including an active PPO on my personal record and the additional sanctions that a PPO places on an individual.

I want to put this all behind me, and I want to improve my life to be an upstanding citizen. I'm frustrated and tired of being vilified for what I perceive as capricious, vindictive, and vexatious reasons. I have worked my hardest through counseling an psychiatry to let all this go, but it is apparent that xxx is either extremely afraid of retaliation or wants some sort of control over my life.

My premonition is that all xxx has to do is make disparaging claims, true or false, about my past, elucidate my alleged unpredictability with court-documented Bipolar disorder, and have Detective xxx accompany her to the court room for additional testimonial, and I stand no chance at any sort of defense.

While I would love nothing more than to end these legal sanctions, I don't know if it makes sense for me to voluntarily appear in court, only to allow my accusers to crucify me through disparaging testimonial and face a hopeless defense. I also think it was unfair of the courts to only give me 1-weeks notice to fly across the country to retain a lawyer and appear in court.

Is it possible that you could advise me on the most logical and dignified approach to this issue? I realize I need to make life-concessions due to my background, but I also want a chance to break free from this legal hell, to return to normalcy.

Sometimes I feel like the best message I can give is to turn my back on continued conflict, and ignore it. I don't want to give angry people any more control over my life. But I may be wrong. And honestly, if xxx is actually terrified of perceptive retaliation from me and its impeding her life, I would rather have her feel safe and in control than at risk. She doesn't even know that I presently have a girlfriend who has completely diverted my attention to a new and wholesome life.

Thank you for any advice that you might have.


Other Offenses: Contesting PPO Extension Hearing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire