lundi 29 février 2016

Roommates: Roommate Moved Out Early and is Refusing to Pay Rent

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Missouri

so a few months ago I decide to renew a 1 year lease with a friend for $704/monthly. The first year we lived together there were no problems, we both payed half of rent and all was fine. About 6 months into that first year my boyfriend starting coming over a lot so just to keep the peace he offered to pay for a third of the rent even though he didn't live here and wasn't on the lease. He also payed for a third of utilities as he was over 3 or so times a week and thought it was fair. So this went on for the rest of the 6 months until we decided to renew the lease for another year. 7 months in my friend sent me a text saying she was moving out this month and she wont be paying rent anymore. I refused to pay for the whole amount without any kind of notice but offered to pay for half of the lease break if she payed rent for 2 more months as a notice. She refused, saying she wont pay rent, or even half of the lease breaking fee (1400$). She is 100% ok with an eviction but i am not. So now I am stuck with the entire rent and my bf has agreed to help pay for half, even though he doesn't live there, to help me get through the lease. I want to sue her at the end of the lease for her portion of rent. Should i sue for 50% of rent or for or 33% that she was paying because my boyfriend was helping out? What do my options look like? Im afraid my boyfriend being there too often would lead to some legal trouble causing me to lose the case. Also, as a side note, she had a cat without notifying the office because she was trying to avoid the pet deposit and he has caused some carpet damage and some others. Can i sue for that if i end up having to pay for it?


Roommates: Roommate Moved Out Early and is Refusing to Pay Rent

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire