dimanche 28 février 2016

Interrogation: Morally Ethical to Invoke 5th Amendment Rights

My question involves police conduct in the State of: All

More of a philosophical question, but if under investigation for a case where false allegations have actually been made, is it morally ethical to decline to cooperate with police? I have been raised my whole life to respect police and cooperate with them, but if I'm very certain that the entire success of a conviction against me will depend entirely on inadvertent self-incrimination through an interview with a potentially manipulative detective, am I wrong to decline an interview with the police and uphold my 5th amendment constitutional right. Does that make me a bad citizen? Does it even matter?

I'm curious what any law enforcement officials have to input on the issue.


Interrogation: Morally Ethical to Invoke 5th Amendment Rights

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire