dimanche 28 février 2016

Federal Taxes: I'm Being Audited

This year during tax season I claimed my two cousins that now live with me and my grandmother. Last year in May of 2015 the kids moved in the house I live in with my grandmother and their guardian who Is my grandfather moved in also. Their biologitical mother has not had custody of the kids nor does have anything to do with them for the past 4 years. I am the only one in the house that works so I do most of the caregiving for the children and financial providing for the kids. My tax preparer called me and said I am being audited due to the children being claim as dependants for someone else. I have all their school records, state issued mail, birth certificates, and school documents tho I am not their legal guardian, my grandfather is, he gave me his consent to claim the kids as my dependants. What steps can I take to contest the mother who claimed the kids wrongfully so I can receive my entire refund? Also I have a local IRS office in my city, can I go straight to the office instead of mailing information back and forth?


Federal Taxes: I'm Being Audited

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire