samedi 27 février 2016

Deeds - Quitclaim: Incorrect Spelling of Last Name on a Quit Claim Deed

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Kansas

I had a house built in 2009 on property I bought in the first part of that year. On that 2009 warranty deed, my last name was spelled correctly. In November/December of 2015, the property taxes for my house was received and my last name was misspelled. It had been misspelled the previous two years, but I didn't notice.
I went to county seat and found a “Kansas Quitclaim deed” was filed on my property by my former neighbor and his wife on October 31, 2012. This deed changed my last name and slightly rewords the legal description of my property. (most notably, a sentence was taken from the end and was put at the beginning)

To make a long story short, I ended up filing an “Affidavit of ID” with the legal description of the property inserted from the 2009 deed. (The Register of Deeds told me to do this) The affidavit was then sent in to the Register of Deeds for the county.

There are a couple of questions:
1) Now that I have this legal (affidavit of ID) document stating I'm know by another name, do I need to be concerned about someone taking a credit card (or some other purchase) in this other name? (my fear is a collection agency would come after me using this other last name)
2) Did the neighbor do anything illegal by filing the Quit Claim Deed on my property? (there was no reason for him to do this, as far as I know)


Deeds - Quitclaim: Incorrect Spelling of Last Name on a Quit Claim Deed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire