dimanche 28 février 2016

Bankruptcy Exemptions: Obligations to Report a Vehicle as an Asset if it's Subject to Repossession

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: Florida. I am into my bankruptcy chapter 13 year 3 of 5. When I filed I forgot that years back I had put a car title to secure a personal loan for my husband's friend. It was really my husbands car just titled to me. I didn't sign the loan just the title to secure it. So when I filed bankruptcy I didn't include this car because I thought it had become property of the lender because my husbands friend had defaulted on the loan. Turns out the credit union merged with another and they never picked up the car. My husband and I separated and when I went to renew my tag for the car I drive I saw the collateral car still under my name with a lien but still with an active tag. I updated it not to lose my license and started looking into this lein. Come to find out the vehicle was never picked up and after weeks of calling the new credit union they say yes we will get the car and we can't tell you more because you're not on the loan. We are not interested in you for the loan just the car. I need to know if I have to file an amendment in my bankruptcy to show I had the car or just give it to the bank?


Bankruptcy Exemptions: Obligations to Report a Vehicle as an Asset if it's Subject to Repossession

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire