vendredi 26 février 2016

Domestic Violence: Domestic Assault Charge After Swearing and Hitting a Car

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Missouri


Ok, I'll make this as short as possible. Wife and I are getting divorce. We argue and can't agree on anything, Imagine that. I carry the insurance on the cars, and she has her car that's in both our names, but she doesn't help pay for. One night she was letting her boyfriend drive the car, and he isn't covered under our insurance. I had it changed where only her and I can drive it. I kept telling him he needs to get out of the drivers seat, and he wouldn't. Unfortunately, I couldn't force him to. So, I went back inside and when my wife and I were leaving the basketball game, I kept telling her he needs to get out of the drivers seat of that car. She, of course, ignored me. She stopped to talk on phone, and I continued walking. Her bf drove right up to me in the parking lot, and I again said to get the f*** out of the drivers seat. He wouldn't, and I got pissed, and smacked the drivers mirror. The glass flew out of it. I went and got in my truck. My youngest came and yelled at me for it. I left and apparently she called the police. I received a call that I needed to come back or they would issue a warrant for my arrest. I came back, and the officer asked me what happened. I didn't say a word, and he wrote me a citation for assault. My wife was already gone, but had given a statement, and so had her bf. She didn't press charges, but since they wrote a citation, and took a report, I now have to go to court for a domestic violence charge. I never threatened him or her. Never went towards her, but since the dumbass cop didn't even care what I said, and wrote the ticket, I have to deal with this. I don't feel I should plead guilty or anything. My father was there, and could be a witness that she wasn't near me. My wife was at least 40-50 feet behind me, and I was walking away from her. I do have an attorney that is going with me on the first court date, which I guess is to basically argue with the prosecuting attorney about the charges. So my question is, what do I do? What should I agree to, and why the heck is this even happening when nothing happened, other then assault on my own cars mirror?


Domestic Violence: Domestic Assault Charge After Swearing and Hitting a Car

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire