samedi 27 février 2016

Speeding Tickets: 2 in 1 Month

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
Code and Section (as written on notice to appear paper):
1st: 22349(a)vc
2nd: CVC 22350

Last month I was puled over by a cop on a motorcycle going west on the California 60(65 mph limit) clocked at 81 mph.
What I want to do: Contest ticket

Why: I was going at that speed because the lanes were full to the left of me and normal traffic was moving at about 78 mph. I was going about 81 mph because I wanted to get past the 18-wheeler, an hopefully make some noise that the truck driver may hear, in the name of safety. This is because I drive a small, low sports car that drivers in large vehicles don't always see (much like people who drive motorcycles). Large vehicles have almost smashed into me trying to switch lanes because they don't notice that I have been next to them for a period of time.

Matter in fact, an 18 wheeler crashed into me on the freeway about 2 months back. Another time an 18-wheeler almost ran into me trying to switch lanes, but I was able to quickly switch to the left lane before he smashed into me. In the instance where I was tracked by the police officer where I was next to the 18 wheeler, there would have been no room to switch to the left lane.

Evidence: I have 1080p dash cam footage showing the seconds leading up to when you can see the police officer tracking my car speed, and until I turned off my vehicle after being pulled over by said police officer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then there is the second ticket in Riverside County by a cop on a motorcycle which has me on a street with a 35 mph limit going 54 mph. Although I don't believe I was endangering anyone, I realize I was most likely going at that speed at the time and I wish to plead no contest, perhaps asking to take traffic school instead of having the point added to my record.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: Do you think I am making the right choice by contesting the first ticket and pleading no contest (with traffic school) on the second ticket? Will I be allowed to attend traffic school for the second ticket if the first one goes on my record? How long will it be before these infractions are taken off my permanent record, if ever?

I am also with AAA insurance, and am under 21 yrs old.


Speeding Tickets: 2 in 1 Month

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire