jeudi 25 février 2016

Emancipation: Will CPS Take My Sister Away if I Tell the Courts I'm Mentally Abused

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Utah

Hello! My parents are extremely mentally abusive of me. I'm constantly getting screamed at by my dad, who has anger issues. Everything I do is never good enough for either of them. I've been doing a sink full of dishes each night, and instead of getting a "thank you", I get yelled at to do the cat litter. I am forced to baby sit my year old sister for about 10 hours, and usually 3-4 days of the week, while they are both at work. Usually I only get paid around 10$ a week (Sometimes I don't get paid at all), thus making me feel like a slave. Neither of them support my beliefs, and generally yell at me for them (Such as my desire to eat GMO-free foods, and avoid using the microwave). If my dad is having trouble at work, it's usually best I just hide out in my room while he is home to avoid getting yelled at for anything he can think of. You see, from the built up anger from work, it all explodes out at home, usually at myself and sometimes even my mom. I'm starting to suspect he simply enjoys the drama of it as well. I have severe depression, and I attempt to discuss my suicidal thoughts (Caused usually by my dad, and my mom just makes it worse) with my mom. She simply yells at me, saying "I don't want to hear that!". I do not get any sort of privacy. I kindly ask them to get out of my room, and of course, I get yelled at. Heck, I do not even have a proper bed to sleep on. It's just a pile of pillows and blankets (They can afford to get me a bed, but instead got a TV. Then talk about wanting a couch and a table to eat at). They usually get make me wish to hide out in my room to avoid them, which is very unhealthy for me (I'm over-weight, and working on loosing weight).

I've only been psychically abused(?) around twice, I guess. The first time was a few years ago. I was not sure what time my early release was, and in my dad's rage, he threw a pen at me, pretty hard too. I ended up crying, and he started screaming at me to stop crying. The second time was only a threat, though he chased me. He was over dossed on medication, and I snapped. I told him how much I hate him, and I simply wish for him to leave (He was causing my mom to freak out, and the police wouldn't take him away). I was cursing, and he told me to watch my language or he'd slap my face. I continued, and he chased me down the hall where I ran into his room and locked the door. My mom stood between him and the door, and he backed off. I ended up calling the cops on him. He has stopped taking the medication, but I know if he could get a hold of it, he'd do it again. (Even better, I have PTSD and nightmares from it).

My dad has suggested I get Emancipated that way if something happens to him and my mom, I will get custody of my sister. I am not sure if the court would allow me to get Emancipated for only that reason. I am also unsure if my reasoning is good enough to be Emancipated.

Therefore, I wish to be emancipated as soon as I'm 16 (Currently 15). I've done the math and I am positive I can afford to live on my own. I'm just worried if I tell the courts about the mental abuse, they will take my year old sister away from my parents. I mean, they aren't bad parents. I just lack the mental ability to cope with the amount of mental abuse. They aren't even really trying to hurt me, they are simply close-minded and ignorant. I've attempted to speak to them about it, but get yelled at. They are generally good with my sister, though. And I don't want to hurt them or anything. I just need to get out of this house before I snap and hurt myself worse then I have (They cause me panic attacks, which I end up self harming to get all the built up emotion out).

I have read through multiple posts regarding Emancipation on this website within the past month, and therefore I believe I can get some useful advice and information out of here. I thank you in advance.


Emancipation: Will CPS Take My Sister Away if I Tell the Courts I'm Mentally Abused

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire