jeudi 25 février 2016

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Internal Theft / First Time Offense

My question involvesMy question involves criminal law for the state of: NC

I was a Key Holder at Bath and Body Works. Apparently they were doing an internal investigation on one of our employees. Or just so happened that at the same time I got caught up in some stuff with a prior Employer. She came in with her mother and I and another associate "Hooked her up" I put several items in a bag and did not ring them up and handed the bag to her. The other associate that was working also did an exchange for her. Before they left the store I went into the back room. Apperently they proceeded to put other items in their purses. Last week I got called in to speak to our LP guy and was asked what happened. I admitted to putting items into the bag. He was very rude and told me that if I was not honest he had no choice but to prosecute. He had me pull out my cell phone and call the ex employee and tell her that she had an hour to return all the merchandise or he was calling the police. Then told me to text the other associate from my cell phone and tell her that she needed to come into work or call him. He had me write a statement as well as put a dollar amount to what I thought was taken then had me fill out a "Restiution Statement" that I would make payments to the Company. It has almost been a week and I was called today and was told because the other girls were not cooperating and that the merchandise was not returned that he was handing it over to the PD and we were all being charged with Felony convictions.
This was so stupid and wrong on my part and I was willing to take accountability for it but I have never had any issues with the law. I was fired and was told I needed to start making restitution payments to now Getting this phone call.
What should I do?


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Internal Theft / First Time Offense

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire