mercredi 31 octobre 2018

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: "Failed to Stop at a Stop Sign"

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Pennsylvania

On my way home from school, I approached a stop sign that is commonly rolled through since it's at the bottom of a hill and traffic is usually only going one way especially after school lets out. I got to the stop sign, stopped behind the car that was currently at the sign - which made a rolling stop - then to my knowledge stopped at the sign, looked both ways, then made a right turn since there was no traffic coming the other way. I didn't see a cop car parked at all.

After the turn I saw police lights behind me and I wasn't sure if he was pulling me over since I didn't think I had made any infraction of the traffic laws. I continued past two other stop signs, of which are close to one another since they are at the entrances to the middle school, then I pulled over once I was past the no parking zone signs. The officer came up to my vehicle and informed me I didn't stop completely at the first stop sign. I didn't argue with him since I knew it wouldn't be worth it and handed over my license and registration. He processed the ticket and informed me that he could not give me a warning since he's on a special detail at the school for a "Click it or Ticket" detail. I already have 3 points on my license from a previous speeding ticket about 8 months ago. Because of this, I still have a Junior driver's license even though I'm 18. This ticket would give me another 3 points that would cause me to have my license suspended for 90 days. I cannot afford to lose my license as driving is my only available method of transportation to and from work. I cannot walk since it is illegal to walk down the highway where my workplace is located.

The officer recommended I request a hearing for the ticket so he can work with me so that I will be prevented from losing my license. My question is what are the legalities of the click it or ticket detail he was on, and how can I fight this case when the only witnesses are myself and the officer. Like I said before, to my knowledge I came to a complete stop and I know I did not pull out in front of any oncoming traffic.


Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: "Failed to Stop at a Stop Sign"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire