vendredi 26 octobre 2018

Received Tow Lien Papers for a Car I Used to Own

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of California.

Last year, my ex-boyfriend had our car towed, which was a circus all in its own right. I got it all handled as soon as possible and gave up the car, the car went to auction, and I paid the remaining fees after it got sold in March. But today, I got paperwork from another tow company for the car again. Apparently whoever bought it didn't register it, because it still has my old plates on it, and I'm still the registered owner... which I know is already a big strike against me.

I know absolutely nothing about the auctioning process. I can try to contact the company that towed the car when it was still mine, to see if they have the sale paperwork, or at least if we can see who bought the car. But in the event that that doesn't work, am I still held responsible to pay the lien? Can I go to court with this, either against the tow company or against the person who bought the car?


Received Tow Lien Papers for a Car I Used to Own

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire