mercredi 31 octobre 2018

Title Transfer from Owner's Son (Passed Away) to Me

Hello, well I'm kind of in a sticky situation. In July I bought a car from someone who was selling it because his Mother had passed away. This was back when I lived in CA, so it's a CA registered vehicle.

It went as followed.

When I bought the car from him we both went to the DMV and tried to get the title in my name. The CALIFORNIA DMV told us that we couldn't do the transfer because we have to wait 41 days after the owner passing.

The problem was that I was planning on moving at the end of the month to Arizona, so I wouldn't be able to do the title transfer there so he gave me an original copy of his Mother's Death Certificate to take with me. So I planned on doing the title transfer here when I went to go register the car and get Arizona plates.

Today I tired to do the title transfer with the title filled out and the death certificate. The Arizona DMV told me that because the person who owned the car died, her son would have to first apply for the title himself or if they have more than $50,000 in assets they can sign off as a representative and then I can transfer it.

I called him today, haven't got word back yet and scared that he won't call back, I'm fuzzy on the details as to the options I have.

Is their anything I can do? I have the original title with an original Death Certificate.

Thank you for your time!


Title Transfer from Owner's Son (Passed Away) to Me

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire