mardi 23 octobre 2018

Interstate Issues: If the Father Fights for Taking Child for the Entire Summer, is It Likely He Will Win

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Massachusetts and Virginia

Long story short: I live in Massachusetts with my son where we have lived since he was born 7 years ago. His father lives in Virginia and is a non-custodial parent, though we have no formal agreement. He is listed on my child's birth certificate as the father. For the past 4 years, we have had a good arrangement with switching holidays and his birthday up until now. The father wants me to take my son out of school days ahead of vacation so he can spend time with him because he has to travel. I don't want him to miss school because he was delayed in learning last year. He is now excelling and I want him to keep it up.

The father is also mad because I want our son to go to a camp this summer (for a week) that he is earning through a program he attends during the school year. My son is very excited for his first year of camp and is working hard to earn points for it. His father thinks it's his right to have him the entire summer and does not want him to attend camp. Thus, he is going to file with the court system to take him the entire summer. Does he have any chance of winning?


Interstate Issues: If the Father Fights for Taking Child for the Entire Summer, is It Likely He Will Win

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire