mardi 30 octobre 2018

Inattentive Driving Ticket; Contesting

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

I am not the ticketed driver, but a direct witness, asking for my brother who is the ticketed driver. We were in a car accident, he was driving, no injuries to any involved. Traffic came to a sudden stop and my brother rear ended the driver in front of us. He tried to stop, but his car does not have ABS and we were on a downhill slope.

The police officer on the scene (arrived after the accident) ticketed my brother an inattentive driving citation for $136. I was in the passenger seat and can testify that he was paying attention, he was not using his phone, and was not playing any music. Before we hit the back of the car we were even discussing the fact that cars were slowing down and may stop, while my brother began to slow down. We also had the police officer measure the skid marks my brother’s car left as he tried to slow down; they measured 81.9 feet.

He plans to contest the ticket and I am willing to testify as a witness.

His question is how much a citation has to be to be assigned an attorney, or if it’s worth hiring a lawyer for.


Inattentive Driving Ticket; Contesting

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire