dimanche 21 octobre 2018

Federal Taxes: My Tax Preparer Still Hasn't Filed My Taxes

I brought my 1099s (pension, SSI and bank statements) to a self-employed tax preparer back in February. I've hired him before and he completes my tax forms, mails copies to me, I sign a paper allowing him to file the return and mail that back to him with his fee, usually within a week. On April 1st, I still had not heard anything about my taxes and sent him an email. The reply was:

"Please be patient and know that he is working hard to accommodate all of his clients."

On April 9th, and still nothing from him, I went to his home office. He said that since I was getting a refund there was a 3 year grace period for filing.

It is now past mid-October and I still have not received anything from him. I sent an email to him as a reminder on October 8th and as yet have not had a response.

From my viewpoint, it puts me in an awkward situation - whether to continue to wait on him or go ahead and file on my own (or find another preparer).

This has never happened to me before. Even though he stated I have 3 years to file, I would like to get this settled. What should I do at this point?


Federal Taxes: My Tax Preparer Still Hasn't Filed My Taxes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire