vendredi 26 octobre 2018

Filing a Complaint: Personal Property Stolen from Private Business Refusing to Provide Insurance Details

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Santa Ana, California

I had my iPhone X stolen from a patient room in a private medical facility in Santa Ana, CA. The patient room is behind a locked door and not in the waiting area. I used the GPS service to triangulate the phone and it showed up near the business on the street and that it had been turned off. I think an employee working at the business stole my phone.

Regardless, as the property was stolen in their private facility I believe I have a claim to have my phone paid for. I have requested insurance information from the business and they are refusing to provide it, so I cannot make a claim. They told me to call the police and that they will cooperate with them, but not provide me with insurance information.

I spent the last hour searching Google for an answer but all that comes up are driving related incidents where the opposing driver refuses to provide insurance, but what about if a private business refuses? How am I supposed to make my claim aside from filing directly against the business in small claims court? Are there any statutory laws that states they are required to provide me with their insurance information (if they have it).

Thank you for your help!

Daniel


Filing a Complaint: Personal Property Stolen from Private Business Refusing to Provide Insurance Details

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire