dimanche 28 octobre 2018

Estate Assets and Debts: Can I Sell My Part of the Inherited House

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: NC

When my father died, all four children jointly inherited the house where my parents had resided. My chronically ill brother moved into the house, and while he was alive all the siblings paid for household upkeep/taxes/insurance/etc expenses, evenly divided. My sick brother passed away last year, and the plan was to sell the house now that there is no need to keep it. My sister is the one putting the time in to find a buyer, and she is an expert in the field, so it is reasonable that she be in charge of that, but nothing is happening so far, and I cannot continue to be burdened with these expenses now that my brother has passed. Is it possible for me to sell my part of the house to another party who has an interest in real estate? Otherwise, how can I remove myself from this situation? Am I legally bound to pay expenses for a house that my siblings are in no hurry to sell (they are in higher-income economic situations). This whole affair has caused a lot of stress and I am eager to finally resolve it in a dignified manner. Obviously I would benefit from one-third of the money from a sale, but at this point I cannot manage the payments and there is no end in sight, and I have no choice but to find a way out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Estate Assets and Debts: Can I Sell My Part of the Inherited House

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire