vendredi 30 juin 2017

Support Arrears: Asking for Arrears to Be Forgiven for Child Turning 18; I Have Custody of 14 Y.o

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Pennsylvania

I have three children with my ex who lives in PA. I live in MN and had gotten custody of our youngest child a year and a half ago (she is 14). My two other children with my ex are 19 and 17. My current wife and I have a 2 yr. old son and a baby girl on the way.

The current agreement with the court is that I have primary physical custody of my 14 yr. old daughter. I pay child support for my 17 yr. old son. My ex is required to pay 1/3 of medical expenses for our 14 yr. old daughter and I am responsible for paying for transportation for visitation (every other Christmas and every summer). Currently I owe a little over $5,000 for child support arrears.

When my son turns 18 in September I want to ask to have my arrears forgiven since I have custody of our daughter. In return, I do not plan on asking my ex for child support for her if she is to forgive this. Our daughter has a lot of mental health issues where the medical bills are adding up very quickly (which my ex has not paid her 1/3 portion that is owed for this either).

What are my chances that this can be approved? Does the court take into consideration that I have custody of our youngest, and that I also have two small children that I provide for? My ex will no longer have any children who are under the age of 18 with her.


Support Arrears: Asking for Arrears to Be Forgiven for Child Turning 18; I Have Custody of 14 Y.o

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire