mardi 27 juin 2017

Arrest Warrants: Warrant for My Arrest. How Should I Handle This

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Pennsylvania (Bucks County)

Hey everyone, this is my first post here.

My passport is expired so I filled out the application to renew it and received a letter saying that my request has been denied because I have a warrant for my arrest since November of 2009. I know that it was related to but I had no idea that I have this warrant. At age 19, I was charged with using an unauthorized credit card which resulted in a felony on my record and I am not 30. I haven't lived in Pennsylvania in almost 10 years by the way. This warrant is due to unpaid restitution from almost 10 years ago, to be honest I thought it was paid off but I guess not, and since I was so young at the time, I wasn't paying attention to it like how I should.

I am going to make a trip up to PA (Bucks County) this Friday. I want to get this taken care of but I have a few questions and if anyone has anything additional on what I can expect, I would appreciate that.

1)Will they arrest me when I go to the court?
2)If so, can I bond myself out and get a court date? (I do not want to sit in jail for days waiting for my court date)
3)If I am bonding myself out, should I bring enough cash with me so that I can bond myself out or can I use a card?
4)Do you guys suggest that I get a lawyer for this matter?

What I want to do is avoid jail time waiting for my court date and avoid jail time period. I would just like to pay for the restitution/fines/fees and just get it over with. Sorry this is so long, I am just worried and nervous. Thanks in advance for any input.


Arrest Warrants: Warrant for My Arrest. How Should I Handle This

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire