mardi 27 juin 2017

Compensation and Overtime: Company Constantly Fails to Provide Checks on Time

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of:Massachusetts

Having read Chapter 149, Section 148 of the MGL, I'm under the impression that the company is required to have checks available six days after the termination of the pay schedule if I worked five or six days, and this was confirmed by a woman at the AGO who barely spoke English, and was difficult to understand. Our work weeks go Friday to Thursday of the following week. On multiple instances, the company hasn't had checks available until the following Friday, eight days after the termination of the pay week. The office itself is only open normal business hours, and i'm not sure if that applies anything to the case at hand.

Today, I called the office in Providence, RI where the checks usually come from, asking why my check hadn't arrived. Thursday, I asked them to mail it to me, as I relied on my supervisor to get my check when he dropped off our time sheets that afternoon. They said they would mail it out to me that evening (Thursday) and I would have it Monday or Tuesday. I tried twice to have direct deposit done but the company never did it. Checks can't be cashed until Friday anyways. Today, there was no check, and when I called they told me they had sent it to the New Bedford office as usual, despite my request being accepted the previous Thursday. The check will now have to be mailed to me from New Bedford, which means I may not get this check until the following week unless I can somehow get to the New Bedford office, which I cannot. On top of that, according to the woman I spoke to, the New Bedford office is empty today, so I wouldn't be able to get it today even if I tried.

I have documented several instances of them not having checks available as required by law (as I interpret it, feel free to correct me) over the past six months. It comes out to an average of once a month. In one instance, I was never paid for six hours of work I had done, and despite telling them this they still have failed to do so, and in another they failed to have checks available prior to the Christmas holiday, with the office being out that Friday (thus, none of us could get our checks). My question is should I file a complaint with the AG over all the instances, including this one, in which checks were not available as required by law (which, as I said, should have been available on Weds., or at the latest Thursday), or for this instance, plus the instance they haven't paid me for?


Compensation and Overtime: Company Constantly Fails to Provide Checks on Time

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire