jeudi 29 juin 2017

Can My Landlord Claim My Lease is Not Valid

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: new york

I live in queens new york and my landlord is selling the building. She has filed an eviction as a holdover case. She says im on a month to month agreement. I moved in on june 15th 2015 and she gave me a lease until june 15th 2018. I went to court yesterday and her lawyer said there was no lease. I then provided my copy if the lease. At that point they adjourned the court date. Then i asked what happens next to the mediation lawyer, he told me they will either drop the case or claim its not a valid lease. Can she do that? Is the burden of proof on her to try and claim i forged it? I have several other documents ex rent receipts and other things with her handwriting and signature. Should i hire an attorney?
Thanks!


Can My Landlord Claim My Lease is Not Valid

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire