mercredi 28 juin 2017

Compensation and Overtime: Required to Report Hours Worked Before They Happen

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Kentucky.

I am an hourly employee that is paid semi-monthly. My most recent pay period was 06/11/17-06/25/17 and is to be direct deposited into my bank account on 06/30/17. My boss sent out an email on 06/23/17 at 8:43 AM requiring all employees to report time worked for the pay period by 12:00 PM that same day. Because of this I had to estimate my time worked for 06/23/17 (which was wrong because I had to work later than estimated) and was unable to report any time worked on 06/24/17 due to not actually working that day yet. Because of this, I will be missing roughly 10 hours of overtime from my paycheck on 06/30/17 and my company probably won't pay me the missing overtime until the next pay period.

Just a little more background info, I have had a co-owner of the company openly admit to me that they are breaking several labor laws due to the fact that it is "too hard to run a business without breaking the laws." Unfortunately he didn't specify which ones they were breaking and I was desperate for the money so I couldn't quit.

There was also a 4 month span of which they had shorted me about $250 a month from my paycheck and their excuse was "the person who does our payroll isn't very good at her job." There was another 3 months where my health insurance wasn't being deducted from my check as well as I wasn't being paid the raise that I was promised. All of these things keep happening and only get fixed when I make an issue out of it and am forced to spend hours defending myself and proving that they have done wrong.

My question is, Can my employer require me to turn in a timesheet/report hours worked for days that haven't happened yet? And is any of this illegal? If so, what can I do about it? My intentions aren't to find a reason to sue them, I just want to be paid for all of my hours worked ON TIME without fighting them EVERYTIME it happens.


Compensation and Overtime: Required to Report Hours Worked Before They Happen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire