mercredi 28 juin 2017

Medical Malpractice: Is it Malpractice to Refuse to Stop an IV Despite Infiltration

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Florida.

Good Morning, About 6 weeks ago I was in the hospital for dehydration and workup for ulcers(found to have 5 ulcers). While in the hospital I began to have pain at my IV site. I had been a "hard stick" to get the iv started in the first place so the nurse said she didn't want to move it if she didn't have to. After sometime the pain became worse and the site became red.

I reported this to the nurse and she told me it was the meds I was getting and that everything was fine. The pain was becoming unbearable so I reported it once again. The nurse flushed the iv but was unable to get any blood when she drew back on the needle. She said the iv was fine and that she couldn't get a return "because the iv needle was to small for blood to be pulled back). The pain continued, the site was red and swollen.

The charge nurse came in and I told her about the iv site and she said it was " fine, the lights in this room only make it look red" she too was unable to get a blood return. I had to finally insist that it be changed.

The next nurse that took care of me could not believe how bad my arm looked for it was very swollen, red and bruised up past the elbow.All she could do was keep saying "Oh my God. They let it get this bad? Oh my God, I just can't get over the fact that they let it get this bad."

It is 6 weeks later and I am still having pain and swelling in that arm. My pcm has ordered a ultrasound of that arm today. Do I have a case for malpractice? I have pictures of my arm at the different times in the hospital up to the present time. Thank you for your time and consideration. MA


Medical Malpractice: Is it Malpractice to Refuse to Stop an IV Despite Infiltration

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire