mardi 27 juin 2017

Custody and Visitation Issues: What Are a 17-Year-Old's Options in a Custody Battle

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California

My father and I have an awful relationship. Prior to my parents deciding to divorce, he told me, "If you and I don't start getting along, your mom is going to leave me," so I believe he blames me for everything that has happened. Its obvious that he treats me far differently from my sisters. Its at the point where I avoid him as much as possible because every conversation turns into a fight. Despite this, he has still expressed his fear about losing me to my mom. Ideally, my mom will get sole custody over me.

I understand that any child over 14 in California can express their preference regarding their own custody, but I don't really understand how I would go about doing so. Would I have to speak in front of a judge in a family court? Do I need to present my reasoning for choosing one parent over the other? Is my bad relationship with my dad enough to actually affect the custody decision in any way?

Note: I know I sound like a complaining child, but please take my questions seriously. Thank you so much.


Custody and Visitation Issues: What Are a 17-Year-Old's Options in a Custody Battle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire