jeudi 29 juin 2017

Disputing Debts: Billed by a Dentist Due to an Accounting Error

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: North Carolina
I have been with the same in network dentist office for 8 years. Over a year ago it was bought out and I just continued to use the new dentist. Every visit I would pay whatever they said I owed and leave. My wife and child go to an out of network dentist, they would pay the whole amount charged and then my insurance would reimburse me the covered portion with a check by mail eventually. My dentist office sent me a bill saying I owed $180.00 for work done in 2015 by my original dentist before the practice was bought out. When I question them I was told they had a glitch in there billing system and two checks were mailed directly to me instead of the office. My wife and I talked about it and we could remember having a decision about a check we received so I paid the $180.00 in good faith. Afterwards I received a bill for $864.00 for charges ranging back to 2013. I requested an itemized billing with dates and amounts, I was told to call the insurance company. When I call the insurance company I was told they didn't give that info out and that the dentist office should be able to give me that info if they believe I owe them $864.00. Could someone give me some direction? What are my rights in this matter?


Disputing Debts: Billed by a Dentist Due to an Accounting Error

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire