mercredi 28 juin 2017

Service and Repair: Car in for Repair at Dealership, They Left My Doors Unlocked and Car Got Broken into

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Hawaii

My car is at the dealership for repair, waiting for parts to come in. The dealership failed to lock my doors and my car got broken into at night while the dealership was closed. Everything was caught on surveillance. I was informed by the police of what happened to my car. The dealership did not contact me at all. We went to look through the car at the dealership in the presence of the police. No one from the dealership acknowledged or approached us while we were there. We proceeded to go the service department of the dealership to request to speak with a manager. It was only then that they became apologetic and admitted they were at fault, that they left the doors unlocked as they had viewed the surveillance video. When asked why they did not inform us before the police did, he replied that they were too busy reviewing the surveillance video.

The thief took personal belongings from my car, including some mail, and a personal check that I had hidden in the car for emergencies. He sold the check to another party who forged my husbands signature and cashed it. As of yesterday, the police have arrested both parties involved, with numerous criminal charges, including identity theft. Much of my free time has been spent dealing with police, bank, prosecutors, court etc. I have also had to take personal time off from work to deal with this. I am unsure if my personal information was sold to others. My family and I are dealing with the after effects of this on a daily basis now. The bank is saying that this is something that I have to monitor for the rest of my life since my information has been breached.

I am not one to sue people for anything, but every one is urging me to seek legal action against the dealership. I hate to draw this out even more as it has become a major stressor for me and my entire family. I am at a loss of how this can be resolved fairly. The dealership verbalized that they would give me 6 free oil changes and 20% off services thereafter. I feel we were gravely mistreated from the start, and I have attempted to contact the higher ups in the company to no avail (left messages, with no return call), only to receive a call from the dealership service manager questioning why I had called his higher ups, and that the dealership would "take care of me, so please contact only him from now on with my concerns. We will make it right" I don't see how they can "make it right" in my eyes.

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I just don't know what to do...


Service and Repair: Car in for Repair at Dealership, They Left My Doors Unlocked and Car Got Broken into

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire